Foobar2000 Album Art Panel Download
- I have a problem recently that my skin doesn´t allow having a Panel Stack Splitter Script on top of the 'Album Art' Panel. I tried it also with all kinds of other panels instead of PSS, and all doesn´t work over the 'Album Art' Panel.
- Album Art Downloader (Freeware) アルバム名、アーティスト名でアルバムアートをネット上から検索・表示してくれるソフト。もちろん単独でも使えるが、Foobar2000上で曲選択→右クリックからこのソフトを起動して、アルバムアートを検索できる。.
I have a problem recently that my skin doesn´t allow having a Panel Stack Splitter Script on top of the 'Album Art' Panel. I tried it also with all kinds of other panels instead of PSS, and all doesn´t work over the 'Album Art' Panel. It's possible because that's exactly how foobar works for me. I have all art embedded in tags. When there is no embedded art, the album art panel shows the text 'no image'. Unfortunately, I can't see a setting for this. I have a few ideas, though: I'm using the default theme. If you're using a different theme, maybe the theme is filling.
- 5Context Menu Options
- 6.2Advanced Tab
Displays the database in a tree view using customizable sorting methods (by genre, artist, directory, etc.). There is also a non-panel version of this component (foo_albumlist) which has essentially the same features.
- GDI+ (Only necessary for Windows 2000)
- Extract the downloaded archive and place foo_uie_albumlist.dll in your foobar2000 'components' folder (normally located at %ProgramFiles%foobar2000components).
- Start foobar2000.
- Open up Preferences, navigate to Display -> Columns UI, and select the Layout tab.
- Right-click on a splitter and select Insert Panel -> Panels -> Album List
- Click Apply to make the panel appear.
This is where you pick the different views for the panel. You can add more views (see section: adding views)
Refreshes the tree. This is useful if: You've updated the media library by moving/deleting files, by updating tags, or if you changed the code of the view you're using.
Enabling this option puts a small text box at the bottom of the panel which accepts queries (use the autoplaylist help for a guide).
Allows you to change the behavior of the panel.
Album List Panel settings can be accessed either by pressing the Configure button on the Columns UI Layout tab, or by right-clicking the panel itself and selecting Settings. The available settings are split up into two tabs.
Note: This section relates to version 0.2.3 beta.
Rock Album Art
- This is the lists of 'views' available. To change a view while using the panel, Right click the panel, select View -> <choose a view>. To add custom views, see the next section.
- Up/Down buttons
- Use these to reorder the views list
- Delete/New buttons
- Use these to remove / create new views
- Double click / Middle Button action
- Use this dropdown to configure what happens when you double click / Middle Click an entry in the panel (default: Expand/Collapse, no defaults for middle click)
- Autosend to playlist
- use this checkbox to control whether the panel should list contents of the entry when you single click it (e.g. Single clicking on 'Metallica' automatically sends all files under Metallica to the playlist)
- Text box below it
- Type the name of the target playlist (where the panel should display the files)
Album Art Maker
- Show sub-item count
- Shows the number of items under each entry
- Show horizontal scrollbar
- (if the content of the entries do not fit the width of the panel)
- Use Item Indices
- Displays items in this form: 1. <entry 1> 2. <entry 2 and so on
- Use Custom vertical padding
- Change the amount of whitespace between entries
- Use Custom indentation
- Change the amount of indentation (between an entry and it's parent)
- Window Frame Style
- Choose between None, Sunken or Gray
- Autoplay on send to playlist
- Choose whether the songs play automatically when added to playlist
- Apply core sort settings on added files
- If selected, the panel sorts files based on the criteria specified in Preferences-> General -> 'Sort incoming files by'. When unselected, uses the order as determined by the view.
- Select Added items
- Choose whether the songs added to the playlist are selected automatically
- Populate on Initialization
- If unselected, the panel is blank when you start foobar. You need to manually right click the panel and select refresh tree to have it list items. Unchecking this option leads to a decrease in startup time of the program (the effect is very pronounced if you have large libraries)
- Process keyboard shortcuts
- Allows you to use keyboard shortcuts specified in Preferences-> General -> 'Keyboard shortcuts' when the panel has the focus.
- Auto-collapse on Item Expand
- Automatically closes an entry if you select another one (e.g. if 'Metallica' is currently open, and you open 'Megadeth', the 'metallica' entry collapses)
Free Album Art
The panel uses the pipe key ' ' to distinguish between parent and child entries. e.g. If you want to create an entry that goes as Genre -> Artist -> Album, you'd use %genre% %artist% %album%.
Since the panel supports the full gamut of titleformatting options, you can do some pretty nifty things with it. Examples:
- Decade -> Year -> Artist -> Album:
$right(%date%,2)s %date% %artist% %album%
- Separate files based on whether they have Replaygain Information:
$if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,RG,NO RG) %album artist% %album%
- Separate files based on the date added to libary (This uses the %added% tag which can be added to files using foo_cwb_hooks):
$if(%added%,$left(%added%,4) $substr(%added%,6,7) $right(%added%,2) %album artist% %album%,No Info ':(')
- Sort by codec
%codec% %album artist% %album%
Tip: As far as possible, avoid using code which forces the panel to display a large number of files under a single entry. This reduces memory usage and significantly shortens startup time.