Shows how to fix Front Audio jack not working or how to fix front headphone jack not working on Windows PC. Sometimes when you plugin headphone or microphone. The problem is that I have a combined Microphone and Headphone system. Either I plug them both on rear or on front. I want to plug them at the front jack because at the rear jack, the headphones won't sound well in line it jack(the blue one). It used to work fine in Windows 7 but the front panel won't work in windows 8. Please help me as this.
- Front Panel Mic And Headphone Not Working Together
- Connect Mic In Front Panel
- Front Panel Mic Not Detecting
- Front Panel Headphone Not Detected
- Mic In At Front Panel
If the audio from your front panel audio ports is sounding distorted there are a couple things that you may want to check.
First you are going to want to make sure that your headset's 3.5mm plugs are compatible with the 3.5mm jacks on the front of the case.
As with most PC cases out on the market, our front 3.5mm jacks are only compatible with PC headsets that use TRS 3.5mm plugs where the audio and microphone are split into separate plugs. (Middle plug in the image below)
Most phone headphones, and some PC headsets, use TRRS (CTIA)plugs that have the audio and microphones built into the same plug. (Last plug in the image below)
If you are trying to use an audio device that uses TRRS 3.5mm plugs you are going to want to look into getting a splitter that separates the audio and microphone into separate plugs like the one in the image below:
The next things you are going to want to check is that your HD Audio connector is properly plugged into your motherboards HD Audio header, and make sure that you have your motherboards latest audio drivers installed.
If none of these help solve your issue; please submit a support ticket and we would be happy to help figure out what is causing your audio problems.
Your computer front audio jacks are not working properly? You’re not alone! Many people have had this issue occurring on their audio jacks on the front.
This is very annoying. You can’t use your headphone or microphone with the front jacks. But don’t worry. It can be fixed…
Fixes to try
The following are a few methods that have helped many people fix their front audio jack issues. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Method 1: Set your audio device as default
Perhaps your device connected to your front audio jack is not working properly because it’s not set as the default device. To check your default audio device:
1) Right click the volume icon, then click Sounds.
2) If you connect your headphone or your speakers to the front audio jack, click the Playback tab. If you connect your microphone, click the Recording tab.
3) Right click your audio device, then click Set as Default Device. After that, click OK.
4) Check to see if you’re able to use your audio device.
Hopefully this works for you. But if not, there are two more fixes for you to try…
Method 2: Update your device drivers
Your front audio jack may not be working if you’re using a wrong driver or it’s out of date. You should update your device drivers to see if that’s the case for you. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Front Panel Mic And Headphone Not Working Together
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to each of your devices to download the latest and correct driver for it, then you can manually install it. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Connect Mic In Front Panel
Front Panel Mic Not Detecting
Method 3: Try the back audio jacks
Front Panel Headphone Not Detected
You may have hardware issues with your front audio jacks. So it’s worth checking the audio jacks on your motherboard to see if your issues are occurring on your front jack only.
Mic In At Front Panel
Try connecting your audio device to the audio jacks on the back of your computer. If your audio device works properly, then the problem is on your front audio jack. You may need to contact your computer manufacturer for advice or bring your computer to an authorized service provider to have it serviced.