To repair Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2007 along with latest edition 2016, it is important to understand the key reasons behind corruption and attempt to fix outlook pst. It could be the bad sectors on storage disk failure due to which the hard disk might get corrupted.
- Repair Ost File 2007
- Repair Ost File Office 2016
- Office Ost Repair
- Repair Ost File Office 2007 32-bit
- Repair Ost File Outlook 2010
- Repair Ost File Office 2007 32-bit
Summary: Outlook 2007 may become unresponsive due to several reasons. In this post, we list some common causes behind the “Outlook 2007 not responding” error. In addition, we outline various methods that you can use to fix this error. Also, we discuss about an automated PST recovery tool to repair a corrupt PST and fix such error.
- Scanpst.exe (inbox repair tool Outlook 2007) takes infected.PST file of MS Outlook 2007 as input. It starts a thorough scanning and analysis of PST file and repairs them. In short, whole steps of Scanpst.exe utility are as follows: Stepwise working of Scanpst.exe: Open the drive: Program Files Microsoft Office Office 12 folder.
- Scanost.ext only works on Outlook 2007 and below versions. So if a user wants to recover corrupted.ost file he/she can choose out Outlook OST Recovery Tool. This software easily recovers damaged offline.ost files from any version of Outlook like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and all below versions.
- The application is free and typically included with all installations of Microsoft Office 2007/Outlook 2007. How to Fix/Repair Broken Microsoft Outlook PST Files 1.
Microsoft Outlook, being a reliable email client, is susceptible to errors and issues that may hamper its working. At times, users face “Outlook 2007 not responding” issue, which can put a stop on all their day-to-day operations. In this post, we’ll discuss some easy ways to fix Outlook 2007 not responding error. Before moving forward, let’s first understand the causes behind this error.
Causes behind “Outlook 2007 not responding” Error
The following are some common reasons behind this error:
Repair Ost File 2007
- System configuration doesn’t support Outlook 2007 version
- Third-party add-ins creating compatibility issues
- Improper closure of Outlook Personal Folders
- Incompatible or outdated antivirus program
- Integration of Microsoft Office Communicator
- Large Personal Storage Tables (PST) files
- ‘Online’ and ‘To-Do Bar’ mode in Exchange server
- POP3 accounts on Windows Vista OS
- Latest service pack of Outlook 2007 not installed
- Search indexing option enabled on Windows desktop
- Corrupted PST files
How to Fix “Outlook 2007 not Responding” Error?
To fix the Outlook 2007 becoming unresponsive issue, you can start with some quick fixes such as updating or turning OFF your antivirus program as it might be interfering with Outlook. You can also close all the programs opened on the system and then try to start your Outlook. It may sometimes resolve the issue as any other application or program might be creating issue with Outlook. If these fixes don’t work, follow the given methods to resolve the ‘Outlook 2007 not responding’ error:
Repair Ost File Office 2016
1. Check System Configuration
Check your system configurations, if it is falling short on the required RAM or hard drive space. This may be the cause of your Outlook not responding issue. You can add more RAM or an additional hard drive that may help fix the Outlook error.
2. Launch Outlook in Safe Mode
When you launch Outlook in the Safe Mode, it starts without any add-ins that are installed by you. This helps in checking if a faulty or damaged add-in is creating the “Outlook not responding” error.
To launch Outlook in Safe Mode:
- Click Outlook icon on the desktop while pressing down CRTL key
- Click “Yes” when a dialog box opens, asking if you want to launch Outlook in safe mode
Note: You can also launch Outlook in safe mode by running outlook.exe/safe in command prompt.
If you are able to launch your Outlook 2007 successfully in Safe Mode, it means that the problem lies with a particular add-in. You can disable the faulty add-in and use the application without any problem.
3. Avoid Interruptions During Archiving
Sometimes, any interruptions caused while performing archiving or synchronization in Outlook may also result in the “Outlook 2007 not responding” error. So, you should avoid interrupting the application during archiving, auto archiving, and synchronization process.
4. Repair MS Office Installation
A problem with Office program may also make you Outlook unresponsive, resulting in the error. To resolve this error, you can try repairing your Office installation. To do this, follow the given steps:
- Ensure that all programs are closed on the system
- Launch “Control panel”
- Find Microsoft Office in the installed programs list
- Right-click on MS Office
- Click “Repair” and then click “Continue”.
You can also visit Microsoft’s online resources to learn more about the repair process in the Office 2007.
5. Split and Compress PST Files
Office Ost Repair
Over time, as Outlook continues to collect emails and data, the associated PST file can become too large for the application to manage. In fact, the maximum storage limit for a PST file in Outlook 2007 is 20 GB. So, if a PST file size grows above this limit, it may create issues with Outlook, resulting in the ‘unresponsive Outlook’ error. Splitting large PST files into small ones can solve this problem. You may also compress the PST file to save hard disk space.
6. Repair Outlook PST File
One of the common reasons behind “Outlook 2007 not responding” error is corrupted Outlook PST file. So, by repairing the PST file, you can fix the error. For that, you can use Outlook’s built-in tool Scanpst.exe. By default, this tool is located in:
C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12
Steps to use Scanpst.exe for repairing PST files:
- Close Outlook
- Launch Scanpst.exe
- Locate and select the PST file you want to repair
- Click “Start” button
Repair Ost File Office 2007 32-bit
The required PST file is repaired by Scanpst.exe tool. However, if it fails to repair the file because of severe corruption or any other problem, use a dedicated Outlook PST Recovery Tool.
Use Stellar Repair for Outlook to Repair Corrupt PST
When a PST file is too big or severely corrupted, the Scanpst.exe may fail to repair the file. In that case, you can use a specialized Outlook PST Repair Tool such as Stellar Repair for Outlook to repair the PST file and fix the error. The tool scans the PST file, repairs the corrupt items and recover all contents of the mailbox. You just need to perform three simple steps:
Step 1: Select the PST file by using Browse or Find option and click Repair.
Step 2: Preview all repaired PST file data.
Repair Ost File Outlook 2010
Step 3: Select the folders you want to save and select a destination path.
“Outlook 2007 Not Responding” error may occur due to various reasons such as faulty add-ins, damaged Office installation, oversized PST, corrupt PST file or any other. In most cases, the manual methods given in this post can help you fix the error. However, if the problem lies with corrupted or damaged PST file, you need to use Stellar Repair for Outlook software for best results.
Repair Ost File Office 2007 32-bit
Stellar Repair for Outlook is an advanced Outlook PST recovery tool that can repair large and severely corrupted files with accuracy. It can easily recover emails, attachments, calendars, and other Outlook items and save them into a new PST.